Childhood obesity persuasive speech outline. Childhood Obesity Persuasive Speech Outline 2022-10-13
Childhood obesity persuasive speech outline
- Attention-getter: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the rate of childhood obesity has more than doubled in the past 30 years.
- Thesis: Childhood obesity is a serious problem that affects not only the health of our children, but also their future quality of life.
- Preview: In this speech, I will explain the causes of childhood obesity, the negative impacts it can have on children, and what we can do as a society to prevent and address it.
- Cause: One of the main causes of childhood obesity is the lack of physical activity. Many children today spend hours each day sitting in front of screens – TVs, computers, phones – rather than being active and engaging in physical activity.
- Impact: Childhood obesity can have serious health consequences, including an increased risk of heart disease, diabetes, and even early death. It can also lead to low self-esteem and social isolation.
- Solution: To combat childhood obesity, we need to encourage children to be more physically active. This could involve increasing access to sports and recreational activities, promoting active transportation (such as walking or biking to school), and limiting screen time.
- Cause: Another cause of childhood obesity is the availability of unhealthy foods. Many children consume high amounts of processed foods and sugary drinks, which are high in calories and low in nutrients.
- Impact: In addition to the physical health consequences of childhood obesity, unhealthy eating habits can also lead to poor academic performance. Children who consume unhealthy foods are more likely to have lower grades, lower test scores, and lower attendance rates.
- Solution: To promote healthy eating habits in children, we need to make healthier food options more readily available and affordable. This could involve supporting school lunch programs that provide nutritious meals, promoting agriculture and gardening programs in schools, and reducing the marketing of unhealthy foods to children.
- Restate thesis: Childhood obesity is a serious problem that affects the health and future quality of life of our children.
- Summarize main points: To address childhood obesity, we need to encourage children to be more physically active and promote healthy eating habits.
- Closing thought: By working together, we can create a brighter, healthier future for our children.
Informative Speech about Childhood Obesity opportunities.alumdev.columbia.edu
This high 18% is due to the lack of exercise couch potato kids and poor eating habits. Junk Foods are an informal food that got no nutritional value 2. Junk Foods contains high level of saturated fats, salt or sugar 4. Additionally, I would establish my credibility to the audience by showing them that I know much about the topic and whatever I will be presenting to them is an outcome of a thorough research. Attention Getter: Childhood obesity is a public health concern in the U.
Environmental Factors And Childhood Obesity
The future health of an entire generation is at risk. A common situation is where a woman is pregnant with her second child. I would organize my points according to order of importance. Informative Speech about Childhood Obesity I. The most common fact is due to the fact that people are eating more calories than they are burning.
Persuasive Speech On Obesity
What are healthy foods 2. The CDC says that research has shown that as your weight levels increase to reach levels referred to as obese the risk for the following conditions increase greatly: coronary heart disease, type 2 diabetes, cancers, hypertension, high cholesterol, stroke, live and gallbladder disease, sleep apnea, respiratory problems, osteoarthritis, and gynecological problems. Credibility: Childhood obesity is a public health concern because of its skyrocketing prevalence. For example, it increases their risk of getting diabetes, hypertension, some forms of cancer and heart disease Whitney, DeBruyne, Pinna and Rolfes 324. Childhood Obesity is an issue relevant to all who consider themselves part of American society and it has profound adverse effects economically, physically for those afflicted with the issue, and mentally for those who live an obese childhood or within the family unit of a household with at least one obese child. The schools should also add a bigger variety of fruits and vegetables. Statistics on child obesity ii.
Persuasive speech childhood obesity outline Free Essays
An example of the harsh population control is the case of one woman pregnant with her second child. More so in America, most children from well off families are obese due to bad eating habits and the presence of excess food. This is because they are the most affected and have a clear understanding of the implications of obesity in the family. The target audience for my speech is the public more so the families with obese children. Between 1995 and 2007-8 there was only a slight increase from 21% to 22%.
That is why it is so important to be part of a positive symposium Premium Nutrition Obesity Cancer Childhood Obesity Persuasive Essay companies make millions of dollars a year by placing soda machines in schools. Dear NSW Minister for Health, I write to you today in order to urge you to do more about the rising problem of childhood obesity. Preview: I will share information regarding the causes and complications of childhood obesity. I will also explain the trauma that obese people undergo and the irresponsibility portrayed by parents of obese children. However, this does not mean Australia is doing enough. What you will find has become the new trend among children. Friend-High school- insecure with weight d.
Obesity Persuasive Speech Outline
The documentary entitled Fed Up by Stephanie Soechtig addresses this new epidemic. Doctors say there are two causes in creating obese children. Which in my opinion, they should. What are the contributing factors of obesity? Eighteen percent of children in the United States are obese. BMI is a measurement …show more content… Essay On Obesity In America Some people need an extra push to begin living actively. It was also mentioned how exercise and physical activity have not been a main concern. Nursing is the most popular major in the class, but there are other students whose disciplines are dental hygiene, radiology, or therapy.
Persuasive Speech On Childhood Obesity
Overweight people are more likely to develop type 2 diabetes. Childhood Obesity Persuasive Speech Outline I. Junk foods are a type of food that have either cholesterol or calories A. Not even overweight, obese. S 3 main issues are children eating too much ,excercising too litte and obesity producing diseases in childhood.
Speech 1The Food Industry and Childhood Obesity
Most cases of type 2 diabetes are obese. How many of you have children, nieces or nephew? This situation makes a big burden to the Public health system due to the expenditure of health promotions and interventions to increase healthy eating and physical activity in order to decrease levels of obesity Australia Government, 2009. With vending machines and easily accessibility to junk food in school, a study conducted in 2005 found out that 68% of students drank soda and or any other high fructose during the school day Gibson and Swartz. Obesity also causes children to be anxious, depressed, isolated, have low self esteem and timid. In the introduction, the methods I would use to gain attention include, stating the importance of the topic to my audience, relating the topic to my audience, arousing the curiosity of my audience through bringing up hot that everyone would be eager to know more about and finally bringing up questions that would startle the audience. I will also ask my audience to take part by contributing any other recent news about child obesity II. Childhood obesity is a condition in which a child is significantly overweight for his or her age and height Mayo.